Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 26, 2009 - Hoy Estoy Cinco Meses de Edad

Hola! Greetings from Barcelona, Spain.

Kirsten and Hans arrived to our rental apartment yesterday (after driving 3 days from Denmark!) at the same time that Kristoffer arrived by taxi from the airport. Then a few hours later Grace and I arrived. It was a lot of traveling for all of us - and I must say that Grace and I did not have the easiest journey (that is a long story, but trust me it was not easy to travel internationally alone with her...especially not when the Kenya Airways check-in lady first told me that we didn't have a seat on the plane at 6:30 in the morning OR when the smelly Dutch backpacker sitting to my right elbowed Grace in the head while she was eating which resulted in 10 minutes of high-pitched shrieking...sigh) - but we did all make it here and the logistics worked out perfectly (much to our surprise).

We spent about 5 1/2 hours walking around the Montjuic Park area of Barcelona today. We saw some of the Olympic facilities (the diving pool and the track stadium) and attempted to go to two different museums BUT one of them was soon to close on a Sunday by the time with got there and the other one was hosting a conference of Jehovah's witnesses and there were hundreds and hundreds (dare I say thousands) of people there so we did not go in. We do have the rest of the week here though (we all leave next Sunday) so I'm sure we will get a chance to see everything we want to see. It is sunny and hot here and, for the first time in a long time, we are super tourists - cameras and maps and guidebooks in tow. Kristoffer and I are happy for Grace to have as much time with her grandparents as possible.

Just as important as being in Barcelona today, Grace is now 5 months old! Here are a few shots of how our little girl celebrated her day (and began to learn Spanish too!):





Adios!
LMW

No comments: