Last night I discovered that Grace and beans do not go well together. I had a traditional Kenyan meal for dinner last night that was loaded with beans. It tasted good, but I don't normally eat a lot of beans so I could not have predicted how it would affect Grace. 10 hours after eating said dinner, at 4 am, Grace woke up and stayed awake crying for most of 2 hours. This was unusual behavior for her. She wasn't screaming in pain, but kept raising her legs, making a lot of uncomfortable pushing sounds and generally did not want to be out of our arms. But alas, nothing came out. At about 7:15 this morning, after a short nap I managed to get her to take in my arms, she painfully passed the most gas I think any baby has ever passed. Seriously - if you think adults fart a lot when they eat beans, well they have nothing on Grace! Poor baby! She is still not completely herself, but I think the worst of it has passed (no pun intended) and I will be careful not to eat so many beans at once again!
Yesterday Grace found a new toy that she really likes - an empty Sprite bottle! Even though she has never had a bottle of her own, she knew just what to do with it and has been enjoying it a lot.
Finally, to celebrate the release of Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince (we've only been waiting two years!), Grace is sporting a Harry Potter-like scar in the center of her forehead. How she got the scratch there we aren't sure...it magically appeared after her bath last night. It wasn't Kristoffer because he doesn't have nails, and usually if I scratch her she cries...so maybe she did it on her own? Of course, Grace is still eating every two hours which means that a date night to the movies to see Harry Potter is not in the cards for us just yet, but someday soon I am sure. Here's a close up of our little "chosen one"...
Happy Weekend!
LMW



No comments:
Post a Comment