Thursday, October 11, 2012

October 11, 2012 - Eulogy

My nephew Kyle would have been one month old yesterday, but he passed away at 27 days old. About the time my airplane touched down Kyle's symptoms worsened slightly...and I arrived at the hospital about 90 minutes before he passed away.  When I met him I sang to his sweet, beautiful face...

...this little light of mine...I'm going to let it shine....this little light of mine...I'm going to let it shine...this little light of mine...I'm going to let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine...

Shortly after that Kyle had a pulmonary embolism (blood clot to his lung) and crashed.  Christine, Kevin and I were with him when he died.  I don't know why Kyle waited for me...I don't know why he wanted me there...but I know that he did. And we all know that his suffering and pain are finally over. He was brave beyond what was asked of him...fought harder than he should have had to...

Rest in peace now, sweet baby boy.  Your life was a small, brief gift.  A blessing to your parents, your sister, your grandparents, your aunts and uncles and cousins, and their friends.  Your fight....your brave, brave fight...touched people all over the world, and inspired an outpouring of love and faith that I can only pray will provide your parents with a light blanket of comfort in the coming days.  You have been and always will be loved, Kyle. So deeply loved. Please watch over us...please be with us...please take care of us, sweet angel.  I know that your little light is shining brightly in a place far better than here.  

Amen.

Auntie Lisa

2 comments:

Joanna said...

This is beautiful, Lis. Kyle is so loved, and he has touched the hearts of so many people. Our thoughts and prayers are with Christine, Kevin, Zoe, you and your family in this terrible time.

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful tribute to your nephew Lisa, it is so clear that he was loved very much. I'm happy you made it in time to be there to meet him and be there for your sister and brother in law. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in your family especially Christine and Kevin. I've been enjoying and following your blog for a long time but never commented before, I was so touched by your words today.
Jen (Tim's cousin)