Saturday, October 6, 2012

October 6, 2012 - Solo Trip

Tonight I am flying to Washington, DC to meet my nephew Kyle, and try to provide whatever moral or logistical support I can to my sister and her husband, my parents and my niece for the next week. I already feel that it is too little, but travel for me in the weeks after this trip would be difficult because of Kristoffer's work schedule and I started to feel like I just couldn't stand being here anymore without seeing my family.  It will be hard to be away from my kids for 9 days but there is no doubt in my mind that it is the right thing to do.  

Kyle is fighting so many complications aside from the initial heart defects he was facing.  I just can't wait to give him a kiss and tell him how much I, and so many people from all around the world, love him and are praying for him.  

I am also praying that all goes well for a smooth trip (flying 24 hours without 2 kids?!  what could be easier?!) and for a very uneventful week at home here in Dar.  Rose and Kristoffer will have things under control with the kids, along with some very helpful friends.  I know they will miss me - and the feeling is more than mutual - but I also know they will be just fine.  Praying that I get to see sweet, baby Kyle take a turn for the best.  Sorry to family and friends I won't see or talk to this trip - I know you understand.

LMW

No comments: