



Dear Grace Elizabeth,
Today you are nine months old and I don’t think it is a coincidence that it is also Thanksgiving. When I look at you right now, playing beside me, the list of things for which I am thankful could go on forever. I am thankful that…
- You are healthy.
- You are happy.
- You look like your Far so that every time I see you I am reminded of how much we love each other.
- You think most things I say and do are extremely funny. It is very good for my ego.
- You have an indelible and infectious laugh that never fails to make us smile.
- You only woke up twice during the night last night, as opposed to 5 times like the night before.
- Lately, you crinkle your nose and breath fast when you’re really happy.
- You give me kisses and dig your head into the crook of my neck to give me snuggly hugs.
- Your first word was/is “Mama”.
- You are so ticklish.
- You love hummus.
- You have the biggest, biggest smile every time Far comes home from work and you make eye contact with him for the first time.
- You bop your head and tap your foot when listening to music.
- You love to read books.
- You can wave.
- You nicely give me whatever you are holding when I ask you for it.
- You are a good traveler (this is key for our lifestyle!).
- You “talk” so much. I wonder who you got that from?
- Even though you are not a great sleeper, you do know and love your bedtime routine.
- On the weekends, Far lets me sleep in as long as I can/want and has quiet time alone with you.
- You flap your arms in happiness – several people have commented that you might fly before you crawl or walk!
- Even though you can definitely move around, you aren’t quite properly crawling, because I know that once you start I won’t get to sit down for approximately the next 18 years!
- I have the luxury of being able to chose not to work for the time being so that I can spend every day with you: teaching you and watching you grow and change and being with you for all of your “firsts”.
- You are beautiful and clever and funny.
- You reciprocate our unconditional love for you.
- We have a large, wonderful family and many dear friends in at least 5 different countries who are supportive of our life and who love you very much (in some cases when they haven’t even met you yet!).
Living in a country where life is truly a struggle for the majority of the people, I am extremely aware and grateful that my daily life with you and Far is always full of love, even at its toughest moments. In fact, gratitude is a very small word to explain the very big feeling I have.
Happy Nine Months of Life and Happy Thanksgiving to you, my sweet little girl.
Love always,
Mama
p.s. I am also very thankful that 43 years ago today your Nene and Pops got married. They are great role models, as husband and wife and as parents. Happy Anniversary to my Mom and Dad!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh - a first word! And "Mama"!? How exciting! Brady definitely babbles a LOT these days -but no first words quite yet. I'm going to bet it will be "Dada" for Mark. Hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving! A big congrats to little Ms Grace!
Post a Comment