Another Friday doctor's appointment, and Simba is still breech. My doctor was very happy that the antibiotics cured me of my parasite and that I am feeling better, and in fact she said that had I not been pregnant I may not have had any symptoms of the parasite at all. Many people apparently have or get giardia and don't know about it, but pregnant women's immune systems are more vulnerable, which explains why I was generally feeling so crappy.
Anyway, she confirmed last week's news from the ultrasound that the baby is measuring on the small side of normal for weight, there is plenty of fluid to help facilitate the baby's movement, and that the placenta is still highly functioning! Basically, everything is GREAT except for Simba's position.
We had to have the discussion "what if Simba remains breech", which resulted in our consensus that if Simba is still breech when my water breaks or my contractions start, that I will have a c-section because it is the safest procedure they can do here (which is a no-brainer). After reading up on acupuncture treatments, which I proposed at our appointment two weeks ago, she encouraged me to try it this week to see if that will facilitate Simba's gymnastics. And I should apparently be spending most of my time on all fours if possible, because that encourages the baby to flip when there is no pressure on the pelvis or something technical like that. We will see my doctor again in one more week.
Simba, if you can "hear" me as I write this: This is your mother speaking and I love you, but I am also telling you to get your act together and flip yourself over right this minute!
LMW
No comments:
Post a Comment