Monday, July 28, 2008

July 28, 2008 - My contract!

It was a sad morning in Nairobi for sure when Kirsten and Hans left us to go back to Denmark, but the sun broke through the clouds a bit when I arrived at UNICEF to find that my contract was finally ready! It has been signed and sealed and as of Friday (August 1st) I am employed and paid by UNICEF for two months! This is great news because it will give me more credibility within UNICEF and for future work in Nairobi after this contract. Kristoffer and I are both happy, relieved and looking forward to the work I will be doing to assist UNICEF's efforts to provide basic education rights to children in post-election Kenya. I am also feeling fully recovered from my heart surgeries and my former sleeping disorder is completely resolved.

All is definitely well!
LMW

1 comment:

Karin said...

Lisa - I'm so happy you're doing well and feeling better. We love logging on to read about yours and Kristoffer's adventures, keep it up! Thanks for checking in on us as well.