Yesterday we realized that our gas cylinder (or canister?) that we use for cooking on our gas stove was empty. So I sent my driver to exchange it and buy a full one. We have done this before - it takes approximately 5 minutes and is no big deal. Until yesterday.
You see, there is a "regulator" that we fasten to the top of the cylinder to turn the gas on/off and adjust its pressure, and apparently you, dear government, mandated that a brand new type of regulator be used for a brand new type of cylinder. The old cylinders have been taken off the market and the old regulators no longer work. Sigh. So what do I have to do? I have to spend almost $20 on a new regulator - and you will not allow for any exchange or discount when old regulators are turned in.
Why did you do this? Well, the only reason I can think of is to make money of off your poor and starving citizens (ok, and all of your not-poor-or-starving expats in residence too). And what will you use this money for? One can only guess it will go into the pockets of your Members of Parliament (MPs) - you know, the ones who don't pay taxes on their fancy houses, cars, vacations, and entertainment spending. You aren't sure which MPs I am talking about? Well, they are probably the same ones who helped create the food shortage in this country and who are trying to get out of any kind of trial (here or in the Hague) for their crimes in funding and organizing the post-election violence. I know you know who I am talking about here.
So yes, thank you, wise government, for robbing me of my 1000 Kenyan shillings for a regulator that has very little pressure and, therefore, doesn't allow for my stove to work properly and leaves my house smelling of gas. You know, because that is really healthy for my 5-month old daughter to inhale.
Sincerely,
LMW
No comments:
Post a Comment