"Kids say the darndest things..." right?! We all know that saying is true. And if I wrote a blog every time my eldest said something particularly "darndest", well then blogging would be a full time job. But this morning's conversation still has me laughing, so I think I'll share. It went a little something like this:
Grace: {stretching} Mama, I'm stretching!
Me: That's great! Eating well, sleeping and stretching are all the things that help you grow big and strong!
Grace: {thinking really hard}...Mama, did you not stretch so much? Or eat so well?
Me: {frowns}
Grace: Because you're not so high (said empathetically...as if she was breaking the news to me gently).
Me: Well, I tried but some people are just not meant to be as tall as other people*.
Grace: I want to be REALLY big and strong! Like Far!
Oh...gosh...is there a better way to start one's day than being called out by your pre-schooler for being too short?!
LMW
*Yes, that was my attempt at explaining genetics.
No comments:
Post a Comment