We have been in Denmark for a little over a week and have been celebrating Christmas for days. How could a ten-month old girl like me know that this holiday would be so fun?!
Christmas Take 1 (22nd of December): at Farfar's house
I helped Far decorate the tree...

and then I picked his wallet before Christmas dinner because I need to buy a right shoe!
Christmas Take 2 (23rd-25th of December): at Farmor's house
I love, love, love to read books. I'm doing it all the time. This was one of Far's books from when he was a kid. "Hans and the Beanstalk" (Mama thinks Hans is the same as Jack!).
My "cousin" Leander came from Germany with his parents to celebrate Christmas. He is 4 months old but is almost the same size as me...can you believe that?! At least I can still out crawl him.


Once again, when nobody knows what to do with me they just give me a book and I am happy for quite some time. What more does a girl need?


It is very snowy in this Danish land. An African baby like me would really be in trouble if I didn't have the right gear.
Mama and Far went sledding with Leander's parents, Mirja and Tommy, while we decided to take a mid-day nap. More important than my passport, this makes me officially Danish! Who knew that sleeping outside in the cold would be the best nap I've taken (possibly EVER)?!


Mama and Far went sledding with Leander's parents, Mirja and Tommy, while we decided to take a mid-day nap. More important than my passport, this makes me officially Danish! Who knew that sleeping outside in the cold would be the best nap I've taken (possibly EVER)?!

And Mama and Far seemed to enjoy sledding down and climbing back up the hill behind Farmor's house. They were laughing so much!


My cousins Nikoline and Josefine also came to Farmor's house for Christmas. Nikoline was so good at entertaining me.




We left cookies and milk for Santa and a carrot for his reindeer. My cousins were skeptical that he would come, but Mama promised that he would find me!


The best part of a Danish Christmas is dancing around the Christmas tree when all of the candles are lit. I almost fell asleep before this happened, but I hate to miss out on a good party and managed to stay awake. It was so beautiful and special - I will never forget it.




I loved the new "laptop" that Mama and Far gave me. I have seen them use their computer so many times that I knew exactly what to do.


And I had a lot of fun opening my new train set from Nene and Pops. I wish they could have been in Denmark for Christmas too.


Everyone had fun opening their stockings - Santa doesn't usually bring stockings to Denmark so it was a real surprise!


It was perfect that it snowed on Christmas day! We all went outside to play. My fleece was not waterproof so I had to sport a black plastic bag. I wonder if I've ever seen my Far so happy as he was playing in the snow!


Uncle Rasmus and Josefine came inside a little while after I did, but Far and Nikoline stayed outside for a long time and finished the snow people AND a super snow igloo!


Christmas Take 3 (26th of December): at Gert and Kitte's house
And then we went to Gert and Kitte's house to celebrate Christmas with Far's aunt and uncle and cousins. We gave Oldemor her Christmas gifts. She can be very silly.


Speaking of silly...Hans cracks me up! He is always trying to teach me to do more things like stand by myself and walk.


I got to meet my new cousin, Mads. His mom is Far's cousin Aja. He is one month old and is an extremely beautiful baby. His Mormor was happy to show him off.


The grown-ups tried to take a picture of me with Claudia, who is 14 months, and Mads. It was going well until I decided that I really wanted Mads' binky (sut) and pulled it straight out of his mouth. He is still pretty small and didn't like my idea of fun so he started to cry and that screwed up the picture. Sorry everyone!
We also found out on this day that I have another new "cousin": Han's daughter Tina had a baby boy the morning after Christmas! I hope maybe I can meet him some time this week before I go back to Kenya.
We also found out on this day that I have another new "cousin": Han's daughter Tina had a baby boy the morning after Christmas! I hope maybe I can meet him some time this week before I go back to Kenya. Phew! That was a busy couple of days. Today the house was quiet again. Just Mama, Far and me with Hans and Farmor. We went to the swimming hall and I had fun in the wave pool. Then we were at home reading and playing the rest of the day. This is the best Christmas vacation I could have imagined!
GEW














1 comment:
Hi Grace!
Just caught up with your family blog from Thanksgiving to Christmas and I am thinking about how I can't wait to meet you someday. I miss your mommy lots, but I am so happy she has you and your dad and some amazing experiences that you are all sharing together.
ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF YOU FOR 2010!!
Love,
Amy (and Matt, William, Trevor & Yamini)
Post a Comment