Wednesday, October 21, 2015

October 21, 2015 - Happy (early) Halloween!

Life is good and busy in Dar these days.  The Tanzanian national election is on Sunday – there is a very high energy all around us!  We are getting out of dodge tomorrow morning for our family vacation to Cape Town.  To say we are a little bit excited would be the understatement of the year.

Grace had off of school last week and the first part of this week.  She was back just for today and now Noah's school is closing for their October break starting tomorrow.  Today he had a very big Halloween party at his school - it was CRAZY hot but super fun.  I was dressed as the Tooth Fairy (thrilled that I can still fit into my wedding rehearsal dinner dress after 8 years and 3 kids) and he was a pirate...we were a cute couple :) There was a parade and songs and jokes, and then 6 different stations of Halloween-themed games.  It was a great way to kick off our vacation.  











I would like to promise that I will blog a lot from South Africa - but clearly you would have no reason to believe me.  I will certainly try, or at least do a great recap when we are back.  We have many things planned...great food, shopping, wine, and fun!  Can't wait to share it all with you!  And I should have some Tanzanian election news to report as well.  We are hoping and praying for safe and free and fair polls, and that the honest results are announced with minimal civil unrest.  Time will tell.

Now I have to pack!
 LMW

No comments: