Saturday, February 14, 2015

February 14, 2015 - Hearts Full

For the past two years, during this week, I have tried to honor the memory of my nephew Kyle by posting every day for Congenital Heart Defect (CHD) Awareness Week.  This year, sadly, I did not have my act together enough to do it.  Today is the last day of the awareness week, though, so I'm squeaking this one post in.  Just because I didn't post every day this week, though, doesn't mean that I don't think of Kyle every day.  Because I do.  Every single day.

If you would like more information about Congenital Heart Defects, you could check out my posts from the past two years:


Otherwise, just know that 1 in 100 babies are born with some kind of heart defect...and with proper and early detection, most of them can go on to live healthy, full lives.  But the research is underfunded and it is a very worthy cause.   I feel it is a little bit hard to "help" from Tanzania, but someday if I ever live in the United States again, I would love to find a way to DO something for those affected by CHDs every day.  

So on this Valentine's Day, when I am once again so grateful for the lives of my three heart healthy children, I am also very aware that today, and every day, many parents are missing their beloved children because of CHDs or related causes.  

LMW

No comments: