Saturday, January 10, 2015

January 10, 2015 - Another First

While I hoped her next milestone would be sleeping through night, Aya did check "first tooth" off the list today.  I think it might have happened yesterday afternoon because after her nap she seemed in a much better mood than the previous few days and I know she didn't have it yesterday morning.  I am feeling a little guilty that the week she got her first tooth was the week I weaned her at night.  No more nursing during the night - only during the day - which means, she has had some really tough nights of screaming (and soothing from Far) this week, and now I'm thinking of some of that screaming was related to teething (whoops!).  It keeps getting better though.  Last night she slept 8 hours straight - but that was from 6:30pm-2:45am, so I am not sure if that counts as sleeping through the night, even if was the longest stretch of sleep she has ever had in her life!  I think we are VERY close to a full night of sleep and, at the very least, we are over her habit of waking up every 2 hours so that is a huge success.   She's about 2 months older than her siblings were when they got their first teeth (or at least Grace...I would have to look it up in Noah's baby book to remember his!), but so happy for her. Hope she doesn't suffer too terribly with the next ones!

LMW




(love her sly smile in this one!)

2 comments:

Cait Fitz said...

Oh MAN! Isn't it the worst when "sleeping through the night" is so different from YOUR sleeping through the night? Still, 8 hours is a step in the right direction. I hope you all get zzzs soon and congrats on the first tooth!

Eunice Greer said...

Oh my! The firsts just keep on coming. In any case, I love how you got Aya that book to tell her about her first baby tooth. I know she might not understand it, but I'm sure the pictures are getting to her well. Hahaha! Here's to more healthy baby teeth to come. Thanks for sharing that! All the best! :)

Eunice Greer @ Downtown Dental, LLC