Wednesday, August 13, 2014

August 13, 2014 - On my birthday...

The news in the world is really depressing these days.  Police killing people in America.  Russia vs. Ukraine.  Israel vs. Palestine.  Airplane crashes.  Ebola.  Suicide. If you really stop to consider the true, enormous weight of these situations and events, you would never get out of bed.  Or at least I wouldn't.    But today is my birthday - and so for one day I would like to be completely ignorant and neglectful of the reality of the larger world, and just focus on the joys of my own immediate little world.  I know that is not particularly socially responsible on a grand scale, but for one day I'm letting myself off the hook.

Turning 34 on a Wednesday doesn't seem like anything so special, but when surrounded by these four...well, it just feels down right lovely.  Thank you to my dear ones for helping me enjoy this life, ups and downs and all, and helping me age so well (I hope).  





From me with lots of love...
LMW

1 comment:

Marleny Reyes said...

Happy Birthday, birthday buddy!