Friday, July 4, 2014

July 4, 2014 - Every Heart Beats True ('Neath the Red, White and Blue)

It's one of my two least favorite days to be an expat.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...there's just something about The Fourth and Thanksgiving that makes me really believe you should be IN America to celebrate them properly!  The best we could do around here was to sport our American wardrobe.  So I present to you...
Miss America,

Uncle Sam,

 and our biggest Firecracker!
(who has been sick for three days with a bad sinus infection and is on her fourth round of antibiotics in a month. ACK!  But she's still smiling!)

I know I haven't lived there in a long time and I know she is a flawed, imperfect lady...but she is still mine and I am still hers.  God Bless America, land that I love.  

LMW

No comments: