Sunday, June 15, 2014

June 15, 2014 - Happy Far's Day!

While I could not be with my Dad today, I have been reflecting a lot about him on this Father's Day.  Because both of my grandfathers died before I was born, I find it to be an extra special gift that my father has been around all three of my kids in their very early days.  It is not something I take for granted, this wonderful Pops my children have and know and love...perhaps because I always wished I had had one.

With Grace...
With Noah...
With Aya...

We don't call him the baby whisperer for nothing!  As much as I appreciate what a great dad he is and has always been to me, in my parenthood I appreciate him even more as a grandfather.  Thank you, Dad - for unconditional love and support and great stories and advice!  And for the beetles! 

It should also go without saying, but I will say it anyway, that Kristoffer is an exceptional father.  Especially during the last three months when we have been separated and he has been a single parent for much of the time, he has just been amazing.  He knows our kids so well and has such great parenting values.  I know exactly why I wanted to have a family with him - he is just brilliant at it.

With Grace...
With Noah...
With Aya...

It was great to be parented by my Dad.  It is great to be parenting with Kristoffer.  That's all there is to it!

On this Father's Day - when both of our big kids are pretty sick (ear infections, sinus infection, croup!) and we spent some time at the clinic (of course! this is Dar!  and we've been back for two weeks!) - Kristoffer got some time in on the sailboat even though he did a lot of work around the house.  And he got in a little Lego "play time" at home too...

(below is my new favorite picture - two kids sleeping, one on the iPad almost sleeping and Far building a Lego airplane!)  
He is Super Far indeed!  
Happy Far's Day!
LMW

No comments: