Friday, February 7, 2014

February 7, 2014 - CHD Awareness Week is Back

February is Heart Awareness Month and this particular week, February 7-14, is Congenital Heart Defect (CHD) Awareness Week. 

As you probably know, my newborn nephew Kyle passed away on October 7, 2012 from complications related to four CHDs he was born with.  In fact that was 16 months ago today, an anniversary I will never forget because I was in his hospital room with his parents when he died.  He was 27 days old.  

Last year I posted a series of (what I hope were) educational blogs about CHDs.  I have unfortunately not come up with anything more creative to do this year, so I will be resharing some of what I posted last year and if I can find anything new to share I will do that as well.  It is not very much - I certainly wish I could do more - but is a small gesture to show my sister and brother-in-law that I have not forgotten Kyle, I have not forgotten their grief, and I will continue to be an advocate for more CHD awareness and research so that other parents are spared the painful experience of losing their child.  With a baby on the way and Kyle always on my mind, it is a cause very close to my own heart.

To read last year's post sharing a little bit of information from the Congenital Heart Information Network, click here.


In loving memory of Kyle Michael,
LMW

No comments: