Friday, February 14, 2014

February 14, 2014 - Day of Love

Today is the final day of CHD Awareness Week.  I am not sure that I shared anything new or particularly helpful compared to my first time around last year...but for me it was more about doing something at all because from all the way in Tanzania there isn't much support I can offer to the more active cause in America. If and when we live in the US again, I hope I can particpate in spreading CHD Awareness through the resources there.



But, as it is Valentine's Day as well, today is also about appreciating the people you love.  And while I know that Kyle didn't live very long and he wasn't very big, I did love him as I love all of my nieces and nephews.  Sooooo many people loved him and miss him.  27 days is not very many, but he was brave and strong and important and special.  He is my heart hero.  His life gave me a new and different perspective on my own life, and especially on the lives of my children and my other close loved ones.  With a new a baby on the way, I am praying for her good health all the time and know that I will appreciate the miracle of her life when she is born.


Rest in Peace, Sweet Kyle.  You are not forgotten.

I love you, 
Auntie Lisa   

No comments: