Today I am not linking to last year's post, I am copying and pasting directly from it because it is so important. If CHD is a cause that you care about and you are able to give charitably, here are some ways in which you can support necessary research and/or people whose lives are affected by CHD.
- The Children's Heart Foundation (CHF) is the United States' leading organization solely committed to funding life-saving research on CHD. If you make a donation to CHF, over 75% of your donation directly funds research or research-education. From 1996 to 2012, CHF has funded over $5.3 million to 52 research projects.
- You can also become a corporate partner of CHF or volunteer at a local chapter of CHF to help support local fundraising, awareness and advocacy activities.
- Write, call and visit your state legislators to ensure funding for the Congenital Heart Futures Act.
- Share knowledge you have about CHD with your friends and family, including putting facts and resources on your social media for others to be exposed to.
- Cardiac Kids is a Canadian volunteer organization raising funds to support children with CHD and their families.
- Camp Taylor and Hope with Heart are American camps and Camp Oki is a Canadian camp for kids with heart defects. All camps could benefit from donations or volunteers.
- Mended Little Hearts and Little Hearts are non-profit organizations for families and caregivers of children with CHD to receive support, education and resources. Donations help them support a large community of people affected by CHD.
If you know of any other ways for people to get involved with CHD, please leave a comment on this blog so that I can share them. Thanks!