Monday, December 9, 2013

December 9, 2013 - Intermission

Tis the season to be jolly...fa la la la la, la la la la!

Bonus Baby was 20 weeks old on the inside yesterday and is scheduled to be born 19 weeks from today.  S/he is moving a lot more these days, which I enjoy (always at 9 pm!) and it's also nice because Kristoffer can feel bigger movements with his hand now.  The kids are not quite patient enough to wait for the kicks yet...but soon!  They can't wait to feel movement in there. 

My pregnancy feels good except for two things, which are hard not to complain about (although I am trying not to complain too much): the heat here (ahhhhhh) and my sciatic nerve pain.  I am doing some helpful exercises but think I will try out some acupuncture soon.  Each pregnancy this symptom has come earlier and stronger so I am expecting that my last months will be unbearable unless I get a little more relief.  For the crazy heat, there is just nothing I can do but stay inside in the air conditioning, which I'm doing as much as possible.  But life does involve going outside!  

20-24 weeks is my favorite time to be pregnant because I still feel cute and everything is pretty centered/contained.  After that I start to be more swollen and wobbly and uncomfortable.  So I'm hoping to enjoy the next month of cute before my maternity clothes start to be too tight!


We are happily cooking away at the half-time show.  Hard to believe there will be another person with us here so soon.  We are ALL very excited for the Christmas morning reveal of the baby's sex.  Grace is even practicing reading the words "boy" and "girl" so she can make the announcement.  Stay tuned :)

LMW

1 comment:

erica @ to the sea said...

The heat here is killing me too! I don't remember it being so hot last summer, but I guess I wasn't pregnant then.