Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7, 2013 - A Candle for Kyle

It is hard for me to write about this today. Yesterday was actually particuarly difficult...because I arrived in America last year on a Sunday afternoon, and Kyle passed away about 90 minutes after I saw him for the first time in the hospital.  Sunday at 7:07 pm.  The memories of that evening and the week that followed are vivid and clear, and very, very difficult.  It was the worst week of my life, but was also nothing in comparison to what Kyle's parents went through and continue to go through in their daily lives without him. 

And while my feelings are elaborate and complex, I actually can't bring myself to write it all down.  It's just too much.

But for today, Kyle's candle in our home has been lit.  I've been talking to his picture this morning, singing "our song" (This Little Light of Mine...) and remembering this Irish prayer, for sweet Kyle.

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
And until we meet again...
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.


If you'd like to share your candle for Kyle as well, so that his parents won't feel so alone in remembering their son today, please email a picture to candlesforkyle@gmail.com or click here.

LMW

No comments: