Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September 11, 2013 - Remembering

It is hard to believe that 9/11 was twelve years ago.  I can still so vividly feel the emotions of that day.  And so it is with my nephew Kyle's death.  In both cases, I think it is really important to remember everything that happened on "the day" and to honor the lives that ended too soon.  

In the case of 9/11 I think there are many different ways people pay tribute every year.  The names are read, flags are hung, people share their stories of what they were doing.  It is important for us to do this, individually, with our friends and families, and as a nation.

For Kyle, I think it is important to do something too.  So on October 7th, the anniversary of his death, I will be lighting a candle for 27 minutes to honor the 27 days of Kyle's like.  If you would like to do the same thing, please share with me a picture of your candle (emailed to candlesforkyle@gmail.com).  I have this feeling that it might somehow might make Christine and Kevin feel a little better knowing that on that day there have been so many beautiful little lights shining all over the place to remember their beautiful son. 

Please read more here http://candlesforkyle.blogspot.com and feel free to share with anyone you know who was affected by Kyle's life and death.

Many thanks, and never forget.
LMW

No comments: