Sunday, March 31, 2013

March 31, 2013 - Easter Buddy

Happy Easter!

Kristoffer, Grace, Rasmus, Jytte, Nikoline and Josefine left for safari this morning at 4:30 am.  It was about 9 hours of driving to get to a city called Moshi and I hear they made it just fine.  Noah and I will join them tomorrow, by airplane.  Then we are off all together to visit Lake Manyara, the Serengeti, and the Ngorongoro Crater.  Absolutely can't wait!

But that left Noah and me hanging out together for Easter.  Trust me, he's a really good date :)  We had an Easter egg hunt at a friend's house (thanks to the McWilliams family for hosting us!) and went off to a fancy brunch at the Hyatt Hotel with them and another family too.  It was really nice to be included in such a lovely day.  Despite having to wait 90 minutes for brunch (the hotel had confirmed an 11 am reservation but the brunch didn't actually start until 12:30!) Noah was very well behaved and was a pretty good little eater too.  I enjoyed the best brunch food I have ever eaten (anywhere! not just in Africa!).  

I missed going to church today.  It is something that I generally dislike about living here - that we don't have a nice church community - but there was actually a threat of violence against Christian churches in Dar today so even if we HAD a good church to go to we probably would have skipped out because of that security warning.  

It was otherwise a very nice day and my little Easter Buddy and I will be off bright and early tomorrow to join the others for our safari.   Hope you also have a wonderful day!




LMW

No comments: