Sunday, March 24, 2013

March 24, 2013 - Going Coastal (again)

I guess I've been so busy that I haven't blogged in awhile!  Between work (subbing, school library, etc.) and getting ready for our visitors (Rasmus, Jytte, Nikoline and Josefine arrived from Denmark on Friday morning) there has been a lot going on.  Grace was also sick with a sinus infection and we found out yesterday that Noah has fungal infections in both of his ears (which explains his lack of sleeping-through-the-night for the last week).  Rose left for 3 weeks in Kenya yesterday and we are taking the 7 am ferry to Zanzibar tomorrow.  Three nights of beach paradise sounds pretty awesome!  Grace is in heaven with her cousins here...Kristoffer is also pretty psyched to have 3 weeks with his big brother (for the first time since he was about 13 years old!).  And Jytte and I are going to get our nails done in an hour.  No complaints here :)

It is also National Orange Day (Happy Birthday, Syracuse!) and Palm Sunday, so it will be Easter in a week.  I'm feeling grateful to have family with us and hope we can all enjoy our beach trip.  When we get back from Zanzibar we rest for a couple of days and then leave for a week's safari to the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater.  I am sure we will have some great pictures to share.  Did I mention that Kristoffer and I are taking a hot air balloon ride over the Serengeti?!  

Some days it is good to ask: is this really my life?! 
LMW

No comments: