Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 26, 2013 - She's Got a Way

Our Amazing Grace is four years old today and after six months of wanting to be 4 like her slightly older friends, it was a very BIG day! 

From waking up to a trail of balloons leading to her birthday presents...






to raising the Danish flag, being sung to by her class and sharing chocolate chip cookies with everyone at school...


to having a playdate with a good friend and all her new stuff...


to her birthday pizza dinner with a chocolate heart cake...


to goofying around with Mama...


to building her new "big girl" Legos with Far (and a slightly bothersome little brother).



She was just as good as she gets.  And this sappy Mama still can't quite believe - even four years later! - that this wonderful, witty, wise, charming, challenging, clever, bright, beautiful, stubborn, sweet little girl actually came from Kristoffer and me.  

I told her at bedtime that when she born 4 years ago it was one of the very best days of my life.  She told me, "It was also a happy day for me!"

If you can imagine that the following pictures are set to music, please *hear* the song "She's Got a Way" by Billy Joel as you look at them.  Because even though it is a romantic love song, any time I have ever heard it in the last four years it has made me think of Grace.  Especially today.

Happy 4th Birthday, Super Girl!  You are so loved.

She's got a way about her 
I don't know what it is
But I know that I can't live without her 

She's got a way of pleasin' 
I don't know why it is 
But there doesn't have to be a reason...anyway 

She's got a smile that heals me 
I don't know what it is 
But I have to laugh when she reveals me 


She's got a way of talkin' 
I don't know why it is 
But it lifts me up when we are walkin'...anywhere 

She comes to me when I'm feelin' down 
Inspires me without a sound 
She touches me and I get turned around 

She's got a way of showin' 
How I make her feel 
And I find the strength to keep on goin' 

She's got a light around her 
And everywhere she goes
A million dreams of love surround her...everywhere
(exhausted...but 4 years old!)

LMW

No comments: