Monday, November 5, 2012

November 5, 2012 - Writing Contest

Good morning.  Hope you had a nice weekend.  We spent a lot of time at the beach which was really nice.  Grace is turning into a little fish and Noah is slowly warming up to the ocean.

I wanted to let you know that I recently entered a writing contest for expat bloggers.  I had to submit a minimum of 1000 words related to expat life that I had never published on this blog before.  First prize is $500, second prize is $100 ... but 45 people entered so it is actually a tough contest!

In addition to considering the actual writing and topic of the blog, the judges are also considering the number of Facebook "likes" and comments made about the specific blog I wrote for the contest.  So, if you want to "vote" for me (and technically it is still election season until Wednesday, right?) you have until Saturday to do so I believe.

Go here:
http://www.expatsblog.com/contests/6/family-rules to read my blog entry.


At the bottom you can "like" it or share it on Facebook or tweet it or write a comment.

Thank you, in advance (and for spreading the word to help me get more "votes"!).  
I really appreciate your support of me and this blog.

Have a great day.
LMW



2 comments:

Hareford Giles said...

I have always wondered why people are still considering Facebook likes as legit basis for a part of the overall criteria for winning. I mean anyone could easily manipulate it and take the liking-machine to a higher level. Let's admit it does help spread the word about the contest and entice people to watch out for it but aside from that, it doesn't really serve anything else.

The Welsien Family said...

@Hareford...I totally agree with your point. For the website hosting the writing contest I imagine that they are taking Facebook likes and shares into consideration simply as a way of increasing traffic to and awareness of their own website (because you can't just like someone's Facebook status about the blog...you have to actually go to their website and like it there). If I win, I do hope it is because they think my blog is well-written!