Monday, November 12, 2012

November 12, 2012 - On My Own

First of all, while I did not win the expat blog writing contest I entered, it was so heartwarming to read the lovely comments people wrote and see all of the "likes" I had on Facebook.  Thank you so much for your support.  I will try again!

Maybe this week will give me new good blog contest material.  Kristoffer left in the middle of Saturday night for the US (he made it to DC via Istanbul and I hope is sleeping now at my sister Christine's house) and the kids started our week together by waking up at 5:15 am.  By 9 am we had exhausted so many activities, including baking muffins and packing all of their winter clothes for our trip to Denmark next month, that I did resort to an hour of television for Grace (Noah has a very small attention span for TV so it bought me about 15 minutes).  Usually we reserve TV for an afternoon unwind but I was exhausted! Luckily Grace had a play date in the afternoon which got her out of the house and away from asking me, "is Far coming home yet?"

Our very long day also included the worst temper tantrum I have ever seen from either of my children.  You might be surprised to know that it came from Noah, not Grace! For 30 minutes he was the most angry, sad, tired, aggressive, inconsolable toddler I've ever seen.  I even contemplated taking him to the doctor when he was hyperventilating. It was more than bizarre coming from such a sweet, happy, funny, easy going boy. Clearly he is not happy that his best friend has left the country but I am really hoping it was an isolated incident.

Anyway, kids slept all the way until 5:40 this morning and Monday has been going well so far (ok it is not even 9 yet!).  Hope that lasts for the rest of this week! We really look forward to Far coming home again on Saturday.

LMW


No comments: