Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 18, 2012 - Morning Chat

"Kids say the darndest things..." right?!  We all know that saying is true.  And if I wrote a blog every time my eldest said something particularly "darndest", well then blogging would be a full time job.  But this morning's conversation still has me laughing, so I think I'll share.  It went a little something like this:

Grace:  {stretching}  Mama, I'm stretching!

Me:  That's great!  Eating well, sleeping and stretching are all the things that help you grow big and strong!

Grace: {thinking really hard}...Mama,  did you not stretch so much?  Or eat so well?

Me: {frowns}

Grace:  Because you're not so high (said empathetically...as if she was breaking the news to me gently).

Me:  Well, I tried but some people are just not meant to be as tall as other people*.

Grace:  I want to be REALLY big and strong!  Like Far!

Oh...gosh...is there a better way to start one's day than being called out by your pre-schooler for being too short?!

LMW

*Yes, that was my attempt at explaining genetics.

No comments: