Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21, 2012 - Upstairs Neighbors

Have you ever lived in an apartment with really loud upstairs neighbors?
(or have you ever been a really loud upstairs neighbor?)

Well, it has been a long time since I lived in an apartment, but we do seem to have some loud "neighbors" living in our attic these days.  We don't know what kind of animal it is, although likely to be one or more rats, but we can hear it/them at night.  And Kristoffer is in South Africa for a conference this week so I am home "alone" (with Grace, Noah and Rose) for the first time here.  Last night the "neighbors" kept me up for hours!   I don't know how many of them there are or what exactly they were doing....but they were loud.  And it was annoying that I had nobody to complain to about it since Kristoffer wasn't home.  Argh.  The landlord is supposedly having them exterminated this week...but it didn't happen today so as I get ready for bed now I fear what I will soon hear.  And I am exhausted - from "rats" and children who decide to start their day at 4:45 am (yesterday it was Grace, today it was Noah...I really wish they would coordinate so that maybe just once they would both sleep until 6 am).

There are lots of great things about living in Dar, but animals - ants, mosquitos, geckos, grasshoppers, and mystery animals in the attic! - are not one of them so far.  GROSS!

LMW

No comments: