Monday, December 5, 2011

December 4, 2011 - Christmas Spirit

Today Grace, Noah and I went with Farmor and Hans to pick out a Christmas tree (Juletræ).  There were many to choose from...
but this is the one that came home with us...



Grace mostly looked like this...
While Noah was doing this (in the car the whole time)...
And the Christmas elves (Nisse) were all around us...

When we came home, we wrote a letter to Santa Claus so that he would know exactly what Grace wants him to bring her (she dictated, I transcribed).  

A relatively modest request, I think, and I really hope the North Pole is not out of rocks already this year because it would be a shame if she didn't get one.  She even drew a picture to mail with her letter...it started out with the pair of red car shoes that she saw at a store last week.  You can see them below (and based on the picture it seems that one of her feet is bigger than the other!)...but then she started adding various other elements to the picture so they got a little bit lost.  I hope Santa gets her the right ones!
And the out to the mailbox we went so that her letter gets to Santa in time.

I used to think Christmas was the best when you're a child...but now I think Christmas is the best when you have a child.  It is a magical time of year!

LMW

1 comment:

mobo said...

That letter is great! Luv it :)