Friday, September 2, 2011

September 2, 2011 - Overheard

Monday afternoon.  4:45 pm.  I'm getting dinner.  Kristoffer is on his way home.  Grace and Noah are playing with Rose in the living room.  This is what I hear from the kitchen.

Grace:  Here, Noah.  This is a toy for you.  Do you want to play with it?

Noah: ---

Grace:  I'm asking, do you want to play with this toy?

Noah: ---

Grace: Noah, you have to say "yes" or "no".

Noah: ---

Grace:  Or do you want me to play with it?

Noah: ---

Grace: I'll count to five.  One - Two - Three - Four - Five.  Okay, I think this toy is for me.

Rose:  Grace, what happens when Noah can talk?

Grace: --- --- --- I think he can want to share his toys with me.

I can't even tell you how much I look forward to hearing more conversations between these two.  Especially, when they aren't so one-sided!

LMW

No comments: