Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 18, 2011 - Chow Time

Four days shy of being five months old, we decided to let Noah try eating rice cereal. I liked the idea of doing it while Kristoffer was home and Grace was napping, and he's been sitting at the table with us all week watching us eat so I thought he seemed eager. I wasn't exactly wrong, but I would say he was somewhat disinterested and only actually swallowed the equivalent of a few spoonfuls. But that's ok! We'll just keep trying a little bit every day and see how he develops as an eater. He was quiet and happy during the event, which went a little something like this:

In other news, he is doing great on our sleep training program. After just three days, he stopped crying when we put him down awake in his crib for both naps and bedtime. He still babbles and complains for a few minutes, but ultimately puts himself to sleep. Last night he slept for 3 hours, woke up and was unhappy in his crib for an hour, then slept another 3 hours. I changed a messy diaper and fed him at 1:30, and then he slept until 5 am. I fed him again and he slept until 8 am! It was his first night sleeping in his own room since he was born and it went great. I think with just a few more nights he might actually sleep all the way through, or at least until around 5 am. Wouldn't that be brilliant?

Well done, little boy!
LMW

No comments: