Friday, March 4, 2011

March 4, 2011 - Baby Love

Today Kristoffer and I witnessed the greatest moment we've had since Noah was born. Noah was lying on his stomach and, completely on her own without any prompting or encouragement, Grace randomly walked over, lay down next to him, and gave him a hug. "Big hug to Noah," she said, as she was lying there with him.

My heart was instantly a puddle of love watching my two babies. Nobody was crying. Grace was not banging her head against a wall or biting her fingernails. Nobody wanted my attention or to be held. And then I could see it, for just a moment, that the two of them really will be best friends some day. I could see it so clearly and was completely happy about having two children so close in age.

Thank you, Grace and Noah, for giving us that moment. I am glad I had my camera close by, although it is a picture that my heart will never forget.
LMW

No comments: