Thursday, February 25, 2010

February 25, 2010 - Preparations

It takes a lot to get ready to be one year old.

First, some of your grandparents have to come visit from far away. I wished it was all of my grandparents, but I will settle for the wonderful third that I got :)


Then you have to teach your father, who stayed home from work, how to blow up your birthday balloons just right.

Next, you have to play with the balloons to make sure they are good enough for when all your friends come over tomorrow.

Then your parents make a big deal of putting a new seat for you in the car. What was wrong with the old seat? Ok, well maybe it was a bit small. Now this one is huge! I didn't like it at first, but once they gave me some snacks I realized that it was pretty comfortable...and on our drive to the store I really enjoyed looking at the world in forward motion instead of backward!


Finally, you have to eat a cucumber because they taste so good and they make your incoming teeth and sore gums feel better.
Oh wait...one more thing...then you have to laugh because life is really good and it has been a great year.
GW

1 comment:

Katherine Andersen said...

HAPPY (almost) FIRST BIRTHDAY, GRACE!!! Did you get your present from Brady!? We mailed it a few weeks back but had no clue how long it would take to get there. :)