Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March 3, 2009 - First Night at Home

Note to Self: Don't publicly announce, as I did on the blog last night, that your newborn daughter sleeps well when it is her first night home from the hospital. Because OBVIOUSLY she will then not sleep well. Duh!

Grace and Kristoffer slept from 8-10 last night while I was finally reading email and blogging (I know, I know...when baby sleeps, I am supposed to sleep. But I was really excited and sort of on an adrenaline rush!). Then she pretty much ate on and off for the next 3 hours and didn't go to sleep until 1 am which definitely not the pattern we had going at the hospital. Apparently, she missed the memo that said. "Say goodnight, Gracie!" Next she woke up from 3 to 5 to continue eating, which was fine with me but has left me a bit sleepy still. Now, at 7:19 am, she is still sleeping, which I should be doing except that Kristoffer is on his way home from the airport with my parents and I am too excited to sleep!

Besides, they are here for the next 6 weeks to hold her when she isn't eating so I can sleep, right? Also, she makes the cuuuutest baby noises in her sleep, which I am enjoying as I write this.

Below is the only actual smile (also known as gas) we have been able to capture of our Gracie Girl...but boy is it a good one!



LMW

1 comment:

Amy said...

She looks awesome and both Jean W. and I agreed that she is gorgeous even though neither of us like babies! Glad to see you still have time to blog and Facebook despite your new motherly duties!! :)
-Amy