Thursday, March 12, 2009

March 12, 2009 - Grace Writes Again

Hello Again!

The big news is that...



In the last week I have done a lot. I went on a trip to the grocery store two times: the first time Far carried me around the store and the second time Pops pushed me in my stroller. It was my first time in the stroller and what a sweet ride it is! I slept through the whole outing because I was so comfortable. I have also been watching a little bit of American Idol...although I have to admit that even Simon Cowell's quips and jarring with the new judge can't keep me awake for a whole two hours (we get two episodes at a time over here)!

I would say my biggest accomplishment so far is that I can follow someone's finger with my eyes and by turning my head from the left to the right. Now, I am not trying to brag...but all of the books my mom has been reading says that most babies don't do that until they are 3 months old. I definitely did it yesterday two or three times with my Far and my Pops - at only 13 days old! I hate to sound conceited, but do I hear "academic scholarship to college"?

My mom has been trying all week to get my birth certificate from the Kenyan government. She successfully got the man in charge to speed up the process so that we can apply for my American citizenship and passport - normally it takes 4-6 weeks to get a birth certificate. She sent our driver Charles to pick up 12 copies today (12 copies because someday when we don't live in Kenya it would be very hard to get copies of my birth certificate and mom wants to make sure we never need to get more in the future) and when he came home she discovered that her name was spelled wrong on all 12 copies. Now Charles has to bring the certificates back to be fixed and we have to wait a little longer for our outing to the US Embassy. Sheesh - these grown-ups make me tired!

Let's see....some other things about my life so far: I love taking a bath and do not mind being naked at all, I still have a blocked tear duct in my left eye so I get lots of gook there, I love to have my feet massaged, and today my grandparents think I look like Far for the first time. My favorite song so far is the Hawaiian version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole and I really like the story book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie". Far also read me a book of Danish alphabet rhymes that I like - those rhymes are so silly! I am making more cooing and sighing noises, especially when I eat and sleep, and I am definitely still eating well (I sleep well too...just not always at night!). My nails already need to be cut again and my hair seems a little lighter everyday. My parents will bring me back to Dr. Nesbitt tomorrow afternoon for a well-baby check up. They still think I am the most adorable baby ever...even when I am awake with gas and eye gook at 3 am :)

GEW

No comments: