Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March 10, 2009 - The Twelve Days of Grace's Life



The Twelve Days of Grace's Life...sung to the tune of the "The Twelve Days of Christmas":

On the first day of Grace's life my baby gave to me: a C-section non-emergency.

On the second day of Grace's life my baby gave to me: two eyes wide open and a C-section non-emergency.

On the third day of Grace's life my baby gave to me: three vaccinations, two eyes wide open, and a C-section non-emergency.

On the fourth day of Grace's life my baby gave to me: four poopy diapers, three vaccinations, two eyes wide open, and a C-section non-emergency.

On the fifth day of Grace's life my baby gave to me: five hours of sleep, four poopy diapers, three vaccinations, two eyes wide open, and a C-section non-emergency.

On the sixth day of Grace's life my baby gave to me: six gassy smiles, five hours of sleep, four poopy diapers, three vaccinations, two eyes wide open, and a C-section non-emergency.

On the seventh day of Grace's life my baby gave to me: seven cries at night, six gassy smiles, five hours of sleep, four poopy diapers, three vaccinations, two eyes wide open, and a C-section non-emergency.

On the eighth day of Grace's life my baby gave to me: eight minutes with my doctor, seven cries at night, six gassy smiles, five hours of sleep, four poopy diapers, three vaccinations, two eyes wide open, and a C-section non-emergency.

On the ninth day of Grace's life my baby gave to me: nine gifts of spit up, eight minutes with my doctor, seven cries at night, six gassy smiles, five hours of sleep, four poopy diapers, three vaccinations, two eyes wide open, and a C-section non-emergency.

On the tenth day of Grace's life my baby gave to me: ten gripping fingers, nine gifts of spit up, eight minutes with my doctor, seven cries at night, six gassy smiles, five hours of sleep, four poopy diapers, three vaccinations, two eyes wide open, and a C-section non-emergency.

On the eleventh day of Grace's life my baby gave to me: eleven hours with Far at work, ten gripping fingers, nine gifts of spit up, eight minutes with my doctor, seven cries at night, six gassy smiles, five hours of sleep, four poopy diapers, three vaccinations, two eyes wide open, and a C-section non-emergency.

On the twelfth day of Grace's life my baby gave to me: twelve feeding sessions, eleven hours with Far at work, ten gripping fingers, nine gifts of spit up, eight minutes with my doctor, seven cries at night, six gassy smiles, five hours of sleep, four poopy diapers, three vaccinations, two eyes wide open, and a C-section non-emergency.

(In other words - it has been the best 12 days EVER!)


LMW

2 comments:

MDM said...

Very clever!! These are always fun to do and read.

Ashley Dumm said...

Sounds like our days are pretty similar! I am so glad that the three of you are doing so well! Xo.